TEAMS is THE WORST!
You forced the replacement of Skype for Business without having the same (even minimal) functionality available in Teams.
1.) There is no pop-out chat window for participating in multiple conversations at once.
2.) No easy way to see missed chats (flashing icon isn’t in real time or noticeable); No Outlook notifications of missed chat summary.
3.) No Chat summary auto-cataloged in Outlook Conversations
4.) Lack of searching of previous Conversations
5.) Lack of deletion of some Conversation parts
6.) Automatic minimalization of Team Meeting screen share when trying to access files or other content in Teams.
7.) Lack of tight integration with Outlook Calendar and Teams Status. (Busy/Away/etc) The availability of a person in Teams does not always reflect accurately.
8.) No way to keep a resizable screen up for quick and easy visual as to who on the Team is Available for a chat. The Chat box is large and can’t be effectively resized.
Overall our team members are very frustrated with Teams! It feels like we are being forced to endure a Beta testing situation with Teams roll-out.
The lack of these basic but heavily relied upon functionalities in Teams has slowed our internal productivity and collaboration!
Fix it or allow users to continue using Skype for Business until the app is ready for prime-time, daily business use.
so slow and so buggy
Worst software I have ever had to use. Endlessly complicated, doesn’t work, runs you around in circles.
I am trying to join a Teams Meeting via dial-in on an iPhone. This appears to be a mysterious process. Does anyone have advice?
Stein Gudmundseth commented
Cannot download to Mac when I have Office 365. Missed joining important meeting. No alternative to joining the meeting such as meeting ID and password.
Dr Trevor Collie commented
Does MS want people to hate them?
Teams is the most frustrating program to use. Why-oh-why did they not copy what Zoom did. I have been trying to fine the way to pause recording, which should be as easy as, but NO it is not.
The only reason I have to use Teams is because the company is 'saving money' and not renewing the Zoom license. Will they save money with the inefficiency of staff using Teams? I think not.
Don Quixote commented
Agreed yet others force me to use it and now Simply I cannot even log in to mt MS account! ****!
Al Martin commented
Microsoft Teams might be good at work when it’s integrated with other Microsoft apps and everyone’s on same network and contacts are all set up. But for a friends quiz it is hopeless.Friends couldn’t see my shared screen. Had to use someone’s business account as it wouldn’t let me join. It asks for phone number and says it’s already in use, so try my email and says it’s already in use. So after wasting half hour on this **** app, we switched to Zoom - for a trouble free enjoyable quiz.
Can’t we even vote for someone else’s message here from mobile ? I am itching to do it.
1) In meetings, I am joining from mobile, I can't spotlight anyone.
2) I cant delete messages of others for myself.
3) Once I hide a chat [ I have to hide it cause I can't delete it ] I can't unhideit till I or the one I'm chatting with sends a message.
4) Any message which I read without swiping them read beforehand in the activity, is still marked as unread.
5) Status does not fully reflect the current status. In the chat list the status of my friend is “In a Call” but in the chat itself it is available.
6) When I right click or hold my picture in meetings, then the options that come should include “View my Profile”.
7) After a call, whenever the “How was the quality of this call” comes and I rate it, it never closes and I have to restart Teams.
8) I can’t delete the “General” channel in any team when I create a new channel.
9) I can’t leave any teams.
10) Can’t rate a message like more than once. Not more than 6 types of ratings.
11) Can’t sent a quoted message without writing something.
12) As soon as I change a settings my call goes off and the teams app closes.
13) In meetings when i join as an attendee, Please remove the “You’ve joined as an attendee X” comment above the screen.
14) Assignment now has no meaning... I can’t see any assignments in it. Says “Navigate to an individual class to view it’s assignments.”
15) I can’t join meetings if I don’t give access to teams my microphone.
16) Whenever new messages come in a chat or team which I am currently in, the software drags me down to see the new messages. I have to again climb up the messages carefully to get to the message I was previously reading.
17) Even the feedback I send takes an hour !
18) Lowest quality of hearing ability this app....It converts “Ok Maam” to “I am a Man” when I turn on Live Captions.
20) Once I am removing a cancelled meeting from my calendar and the next hour I find it has popped up again !
21) Not saving messages in “Saved messages” in another device when I am saving it in one device...... just marking that message as saved...... I’ve no access to it on another device. Looks like teams saving the messages in “Saved messages” only on the local storage or personal storage.
22) Why don’t you automatically disappear a cancelled meeting from the calendar of the mobile version ? It’s enough that you automatically send a message through the organiser that the meeting is cancelled.
23) WORST Network quality.....DON’T blame my network for it !
24) Shrinking buttons and modifying them does make your app look better. But shrunken buttons specify you want me to hit some other button when I am hitting another button.
26) When I updated Teams thinking you catered to our complaints at last, I find many important things taken away instead of other things added ! One of them is Edit message.
28) Can’t create a Personal Wiki on mobile.
29) Not more than 1 person can share screen at a time. Can’t pin someone else, or even see anything except the shared screen.
30) What’s the use of contacts in chat when it doesn’t show even those people with whom I started a chat.
31) Locking the control bar prevents video to be seen to an important extent.
32) Why are all the saved messages, order of buttons etc. different on different devices ?
33) Why not notify for an edited message and why notify for a deleted one.
34) Why do the animated emojis only “move” on laptop or computer and not on mobile ?
35) Hey! You mugged in:
What’s the use of all this rubbish when you can’t do anything with it ?
37) It shows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ! when I search “Next Meeting”. You said that it would show the next meeting’s name.
38) Can’t make an Assignment in a group I created. Doesn’t have ANYTHING in tabs column. (P.S. - I didn’t add anyone in the group)
39) I can’t type a single message in any of my Chats.
40) You’ve favourited every chat when you mugged in “chat favourites”.
41) Why can’t I search a single letter anywhere ?
42) Why don’t you delete all the meetings of a team or chat when the team or chat is deleted.
43) Why did you remove the emojis in the meetings ? Is it only for presenters ?
44) There is not any option of making all people joining a meeting to attendees. (P.S. - I didn’t as anyone in the meeting)
46) Why does everything get restored as soon as I sign out ?
47) Can’t you play all videos in teams itself like Skype does ? I don’t like them being played in YouTube every time.
And the last and most important point, which cannot be numbered because it is a conclusion, is that any updates in Teams should be applied to all data and not just any data coming after the update.
Please increase the length of the comment so that I may post my long one.
It is really a frustrating program. I only suffer through it because it is part of O365. If @Bill Gates actually used teams he would fire the entire product staff, it's that bad. There is just no way anyone with any product management and UX experience in MS actually uses this application.
The conferencing features, performance, and ease of use are not as good as Zoom, Google Meet (still bad), and GtM.
The organization of Teams files, chats and wikis makes it difficult to find what you are looking for.
the nav bar on the left becomes unresponsive, so I have to use the search bar.
I just want to be able to flip back and fort the between chats, files, and wikis without a headache or accidently closing the application.
Very Disappointed user commented
Unbelievable that this user experience is maintained by Microsoft. We have been sharing the bad experiences with Teams for mac for over a year and a half. Apparently we are not taken seriously. Shame on you MS.
Just used Teams for the first time, absolutely rubbish.
Tried sharing a document, the document that I had open, wasn't on the list that microsoft wanted me to use, inadvertently opened the wrong document, my colleague managed to open the correct doc, but then couldn't remove the other doc list. In the end gave up and used zoom.
Dave Ready commented
I can't believe my son's grades are dependant on using this rubbish. Assignments that are "saved" by the app are either reverted to the original document or lost altogether. Had to prove it to his teacher by e-mailing the MS Word document instead of relying on Teams. Buggy as all ****, unreliable, glitchy, and a complete memory hog. Why would anybody inflict this shyte on children?
Angry Teams user commented
My Older sister uses zoom and I use teams (We go to different Schools) But were both in high school And Both don't give a f**** About teams.
EVERY SINGLE DAMB TIME When somebody post something in the chat it crashes. And About those group rooms or breakout rooms Most people in my class can't join them so we just stay there in the main meeting not working on the project that's GOING TO GIVE US A GRADE.
Also I have this one teacher who is really, Really annoying because she is always so happy and screams so much so she lags the whole GOD DAMB CALL!
I just want to say *Ahem* H**** SH** TEAMS REALLY SUCKS PLEASE PLEASE CHANGE IT UGH
Also if you think I just have a bad laptop or device and connection. N O That is not the case I got a new pc and monitor for Christmas and a new Mac! (I want to be big and tec)
They run so well but teams seams to not and My wifi Is perfectly fine we have wifi all around the house and its very good!
So teams Please Please Stop this horrible app you have made and know that you are just good for Minecraft and Windows Laptops, Pc (Ect.)
-From A High school student about to go to college that doesn't give a F***
And it keeps changing your microphone level... THE WORST! Especially when you're on a work pc and can't do anything about it. That this is about to replace skype/lync is horrendous!
Teams is an example of how to make things worse by "adding" or "improving" on functions. Why is it so difficult to get a quick 1:1 IM out? User interface is not intuitive at all, and the only reason I use it is because I have to (and that is also true for many of my colleagues). Teams doesn't improve productivity, it reduces it. I will see how many other people in my organization would support a move to Slack or similar; I actually wonder how many MS employees use Slack or another messaging platform, especially when their bosses don't look.
Teams simply does not seem to work on mac's. It tries to start then just hangs and it appears to be a problem for many mac users. When looking up solutions there are lots of steps that require looking into files etc. I have tried uninstalling then re-installing but no luck. Its just not worth the hassle so I have uninstalled it. Its these kind of problems that had me move away from PC's to Apple.
Microsoft, please build a robust Teams option for the mac. I suspect this is why Zoom won the market during COID. It just works.
I agree with T Hoagland. Since the first time COVID arrived, my organization used zoom. It NEVER has a problem. After the second wave, my organization use teams instead. They say that they could send reports or something like that. But it LAGS / VIDEO IS BLUURY OR PIXELLATED / APP CRASHES EVERY TIME I SEND ANYTHING / HAVE TO WAIT FOR AN HOUR JUST TO JOIN A MEETING / etc. I wish they could change back to use zoom again...
TEAMS IS THE WORST APP ON HUMANITY
i agree 1000000% with T Hoagland, unfortunately for me my company turn off good old Skype for Business (former Lync) and i am force to use Teams:-(
Can this awful teams experience be improved?
Hehe, after I read all the 149 comments, I agree with each and every one!
Teams is JUNK!