TEAMS is THE WORST!
You forced the replacement of Skype for Business without having the same (even minimal) functionality available in Teams.
1.) There is no pop-out chat window for participating in multiple conversations at once.
2.) No easy way to see missed chats (flashing icon isn’t in real time or noticeable); No Outlook notifications of missed chat summary.
3.) No Chat summary auto-cataloged in Outlook Conversations
4.) Lack of searching of previous Conversations
5.) Lack of deletion of some Conversation parts
6.) Automatic minimalization of Team Meeting screen share when trying to access files or other content in Teams.
7.) Lack of tight integration with Outlook Calendar and Teams Status. (Busy/Away/etc) The availability of a person in Teams does not always reflect accurately.
8.) No way to keep a resizable screen up for quick and easy visual as to who on the Team is Available for a chat. The Chat box is large and can’t be effectively resized.
Overall our team members are very frustrated with Teams! It feels like we are being forced to endure a Beta testing situation with Teams roll-out.
The lack of these basic but heavily relied upon functionalities in Teams has slowed our internal productivity and collaboration!
Fix it or allow users to continue using Skype for Business until the app is ready for prime-time, daily business use.
Too many posts to read through all the frustrations. These are my top 5:
- Using Teams to replace to conference room, during the pandemic. There is only space for 9 people in the conference room. Up to 16 other people can sit in an adjacent room (where they can hear and be heard), but you can only see them if they face the window into the conference room. Anyone in the meeting who is not in the conference room or facing the window, is completely anonymous until the meeting has finished. I.e. I do not know who is in my meetings. There is an icon showing how many people are anonymous, but no way to see who those people are.
- When someone is presenting, I am forced to view the presentation alongside images of other meeting attendees. When someone is presenting, I don't want to see the other people in the meeting. I want the presentation to fill the screen.
- Stop telling me I'm muted. I am muted because I am making noise that I don't want to be heard in the meeting. I know I'm muted, so let me disable the notification.
- When I mouse-over a Windows application icon, I can pop-up a menu that allows me to Restore, Minimize, Move the window. Not Teams, there is no pop-up menu.
- Switching audio device during a call. If I switch my audio device using sound settings, I have to exit and re-enter the meeting.
The things I like about Teams:
- I don't have to work with files using the Teams UI; I can easily go to SharePoint.
- Integration with Outlook calendar is reasonably seamless.
- The ability to call a person you are chatting with.
- Integratoin with Outlook tasks.
teams sucks commented
my kids are having problem attending classes it so bugy
+ searching for old messages is a pain
+ do you know how to reset Out-Of-Office status?
+ scrolling up an old chat that contains images is an entirely useless activity, as the contents keep jumping when a picture gets loaded
Mohammed Ayub commented
It is disappointing that a company like Microsoft comes up with such a buggy application. Please let the users use Skype for Business until the software is tested and fixed for all the bugs. Also, why doesn't Teams work on Android?
Microsoft Works, an oxymoron.
We live in a technical world in 21st century so why do Microsoft release such a rubbish app?
This app makes me feel Microsoft management team has a big issue.
Microsoft Teams is the worst application in Microsoft's history! Crashes on opening all the time, forcing me to use Teams over Chrome, which is a monumental suck. Doesn't recognize my webcam. Doesn't work with ChromaCam or Xsplit.
worst on-boarding experience! Dont have a good help tool. It just killed a few hours and still i am trying to figure out how to start or create a meeting invitation. I am using an Enterprise version though.
Marzella Brown commented
For the love of God I can not understand why we are trading in something that worked well for something that doesn't work at all. It makes NO SENSE to me. I absolutely hate teams. And because I hate teams, it makes me dissatisfied with my job since its the primary communications tool we have to use. It causes sooo much stress and frustrations. I just feel like one day Im going to go to work and pop something.
Andy Despres commented
Very shortsighted engineering on this app, here are some ways to make it more robust.
This app has so many issues, I can't even begin to start with what needs to change, but here goes:
1.) Being able to chat with 2 different teams at once would be really useful. I am on 2 projects at my job and can listen to 2 meetings at once if one occurs in other software, (Zoom, Facebook Chat) but not with teams. Remember Multi Tasking? I am stuck in 2 boring meetings which occur at the same time and mostly they are not even saying anything I need to hear, just need to be available to respond should the team members need a question answered.
2.) How about adding a "Ping Light" in Meeting button with a light when they have a question for you it lights up and "Dings" - then you can switch meetings.
3.) How about a live headset / speaker check meter in/out - if pro audio recording applications can have track enable / mute do it why can teams not? it needs a complete overhaul!!!
4.) Multi-Camera, Multi Stream source - OBS is a streaming app that does so much more than teams. Why Doesn't Teams fix it's issues and allow chat streaming, RSS feeds, other live stream enabling in the content, and use it for gaming, sharing, etc. Allow people to only watch the stream and others attend the meeting as well. So many more enhancements to be made to this software, Microsoft has a good chance to make this a great product, but has so far failed. With the purchase of Discord, I hope they realize the potential and add to their offerings. Time to mash together Discord, Teams and Skype into one app! Add OBS features while you are at it.
Muhammad Khan commented
Please move to Webex app https://www.webex.com/ for Meetings, Calling, Messaging Internal and External, Contact Centre and more. It is FREE, whereas you pay to MS for enterprise MS Teams and a lot more for the inter-ops
We cannot set status to busy while we work on other applications!
We cannot delete any previous chats! Why do we want to have all the chats there to confuse us when searching for important ones?
Teams is very flakey. I'm surprised Microsoft developers got away with releasing such a half baked app. It seems like none of the windows standards for sizing windows were followed. If you can actually achieve the window sizes you want, you reboot, and it goes back to another size. Opening dialogs is tricky. Clicking on Contacts, reading statuses of other users, editing status of your own user, will sometimes work properly and sometimes not. The user should be able to delete chats. I just think the app needs to be gone through more thoroughly and set to the standards that we are all used to with Microsoft.
Taiwo Ogunfuye commented
It true teams is really slow, and it sometimes kicks me out of General Meetings. I thought it was my laptop that was lagging, but it was teams that was slowing down my computer. According to Avast Antivirus, it is one of many apps that slows down my computer. https://www.avast.com/en-us/index#pc copy this link you love Avast Antivisrus.
Taiwo Ogunfuye commented
It true teams is really slow, and it sometimes kicks me out of General Meetings. I thought it was my laptop that was lagging, but it was teams that was slowing down my computer. According to Avast Antivirus, it is one of many apps that slows down my computer. https://www.avast.com/en-us/index#pc copy this link you love Avast Antivirus.
My frustration has increase with the Covid 19 pandemic with the use of MS Teams. My work efficiency has come down to 30% due to MS teams. At least, let us use Skype for Business and you may rename it to MS Teams or whatever you want. Don't know why Microsoft wants to continue with Teams, despite the worst feedback from users who use it in their day to day operations.
1. Slow in switching between Chat windows
2. Unable to close unnecessary Chat windows resulting in too many windows after a period of just one week.
3. Unable to start a fresh chat with any user with whom we chatted in the past.
4. Unnecessary historical information about the previous chat had with the same user
5. Unable to copy the complete conversation had with the user
6. Unable to search a chat conversation.
7. When somebody calls, sometimes the window for attending the call is not shown to the user
I'm using it on Mac BigSur 11.4 and the app simply doesn't boot up... giant piece of ****. It will work in the browser, but why have the app then? And on the Iphone 12 neither the app will work, nor is it supported on Safari. I'm recommending cancelling the subscription if this can't get fixed for the Apple users.
Horrible, I can't even turn my video on! the complicated onboarding process, very bad! I probably bombed my interview because of MS Teams!!