footnotes bug using browser version of Word to collaborate
There is a major bug with footnotes. Twice my team had to recover the document they were working on using an old version simply because footnotes corrupted the working file. I am not exactly sure why adding footnotes does this but we have added the file for you guys to look at if you wish. Also a snip showing the error that comes up in Word. Also a snip showing the error in Teams. Word does attempt to fix the file, but the footnotes are all mixed up after the fact.
I had similar problems with footnotes and two persons editing simultaneously: The main text in which three notes appeared close to each (as supscript nrs) suddenly disappeared completely from all copies. And the section numbering was distorted so that Section 1 was renumbered 4, 2 was 5 and so on.
Even before this happening, i noticed that the numbering style for the footnotes in online was with roman nmerals (i, ii, etc), while I had selected Arabic numbers in the desktop version.