Missing basic functionality for a Wiki
When I recently downloaded Teams for first time, and saw "Wiki" I did a mini fist pump.
When I saw woeful lack of features, I did a face palm.
- No links between pages or sections
- No sub-sections (that can be incorporated into the navigation menu)
- No markup language
- No search function
- No version control (in case of unwanted changes)
- No user privilege control
- No transclusion or templates
- No info-box functionality
You should not call it a Wiki, call it a shared notepad instead.
This lacks all functionality I can think of that makes a Wiki a Wiki
I fully agree. The "Wiki" is a misnomer at best. However one might also call it a trip back to the dark ages of "embrace& extent".
It is sad because I am having a hard time explaining to some Microsoft-only users that the problem is not that wikis are ****, but that MS's implementation is not a wiki. Also they don't "get" the importance of the missing features.