How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Incorporate Dante audio

The integration of Dante enabled audio for Teams Rooms will provide network integration of large room audio systems. This will ease incorporation with existing facilities as well as facilitate new installations.

20 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joe Nickell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Arthur Skudra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Microsoft want to be a vendor for the very complex conference audio systems I design, then Dante/AES 67 audio network capabilities are an absolute must.

• Nick Salis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, Dante/AES67 has established itself as de facto standard in professional audio systems.

• Michael Fay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Cameron G. and Edward O. make excellent points.

I think Dante will be the ubiquitous standard for the foreseeable future.

• Cameron Grainger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree! I guess the issue does come down to "which transport scheme are you going to use." There is Dante, AES67, AVB, and a host of others (AES-EBU, MADI, etc.)
    So far, we are trying to focus primarily on Dante/AES67.

• Dan Lynch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would make integration much simpler for both retro-fits and new construction.

• Joe Nickell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Dante AVIO USB Adapter lets you connect any computer to a Dante audio network with zero software installation, and can be used with any audio application for playout or recording.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.