How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Fix unnecessary activation of discrete GPU on MacBook Pro again

Fix unnecessary activation of discrete GPU on MacBook Pro again. Seems to be regression on version 1.2.00.13765

15 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • William Zawisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got a brand new 2019 MBP and wondering why my battery was constantly draining so fast compared to my 2015 MBP....Turned off discrete graphics in chrome only to find Teams to be using it by design....this needs to be fixed soon!

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please look at this. It's draining my battery all the time; only lasts half as long with Teams running.

• ppolang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams is meant to be on all the time especially because of chat feature.
    But I constantly have to turn it off because I feel like it is hoggin my battery.

Is it absolutely necessary to use discrete GPU?
    Doesn't it work fine on devices without discrete GPU?

• Godwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was fixed in 2017 and the problem is back.
    I am sick of running electron apps, and pretty much avoid any app that is electron based. Teams is a necessity because its essential for work. For its high CPU usage and being a resource hog, I avoid using it as much as I can.
    This issue pretty much makes it unusable and I have to quit the app once I am done with it, so it doesn't drive my battery down.
    I hope you release a Catalyst app.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.