How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Call Queue and Auto Attendant Resource Licensing

The idea of requiring Cloud PBX clients to license Call Queues and Auto Attendants is absurd. This is a basic functionality that is available similar services. Furthermore, sneaking in this change without advising any of you partners and or end-users is NOT acceptable. This is going to have a HUGE financial impact on some of our clients. Call Queues and Auto Attendants should be an intrinsic feature as it always has been with Skype for Business Online.

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Edmundo Pena shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael Ramos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been one of the worst changes from Microsoft. AA and CQ no longer work like they did before and they did not give any indication of offering a refund to Partners for the additional licenses. So we now have a platform that we have to jump through hoops and pay more to get it to function like the last platform that worked.

To add insult to injury, we still have to use the skype for business admin center for certain things. So now we get to see two admin centers for one function. Its amazing that a company as big as Microsoft would make such a newbie mistake like this. You don't break function and not have a work around before going live. If this was surprise, you all need better beta testers.

These are very shady practices coming from a corporation as big as Microsoft. This has been terrible. Support has been Terrible. I don't have a button for .01 stars, currently you guys do not deserve even half a star.

"We have a free option we are working on for what was free before. But first we are going to make you pay for a month with no guarantee of reimbursement. We could really use the money!" ~ Micro$oft

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why could they not wait just 2 months till they had new licensing ready to compliment this change to Teams, not even a warning on portal, take responsibility and learn from this huge mistake.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is completely unacceptable and has halted our roll out of Skype for Business across the organisation. We had offices waiting to be moved onto this system this week, we are not going to be paying for your mistakes.

• Craig Aston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft documented this change here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Auto-Attendant-and-Call-Queues-Service-Update/bc-p/660440#M3152

The licencing requirement is apparently a temporary fix for the problem they created by moving to Teams. See my response below.....

This is totally unacceptable, I have just started work to move our entire organisation to the cloud PBX system but now through the rollout of a new user interface you require us to purchase licences for Auto Attendants until you fix the problem you have created? In that case are you going to refund us for the additional licences we now 'temporarily' require while you fix this?

At the moment we have halted our migration until this is resolved. I have raised a support ticket, but I know they are unlikely to be able to help at this point.

This needs resolving as soon as possible.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.