Tag/Untag RMB and Settings and Visual Indicator of Change
- You can RMB and click "Notify When User Available"
- In Settings you can persistently Tag a user for a Change In Status for Available or Offline
First Issue: There is no visual indicator by the user's name in Recent or Contacts that the user is tagged for status change. This needs to be "fixed" as you may have tagged someone "this morning" or "yesterday" and it no longer is important.
Assuming the verbiage is literal, here are some other issues and usability considerations:
- Tagging a user is an On-Demand type of feature. Burying it under Setting/Notification/bottom of the screen reduces productivity by increasing the number of clicks and scrolls to get to this On-Demand feature.
- I can Right Mouse Click and tag someone to "Notify When User Available". What about when they go from DND to Busy, or Away to Busy, or any other status change? Available is not the only status change I may be interested in. If the user goes from DND to Busy - that may be VERY important to me.
- In Settings, it says tag for a "Change in Status for Available or Offline". Why is this inconsistent with the tagging ability that is available from Recents or Contacts? Why is this even here? If I can tag from Recents and Contacts, why would I come all the way into Settings to tag someone?
Bottom Line: I need to tag someone for ANY change in status (from Recents and Contacts). I need a visual indicator in Recent and Contacts showing the person is tagged. Please fix inconsistencies between different places to Tag someone, or optionally (preferred), get rid of the place in Settings. If you want one place to show all people you have tagged, let it be a Right Mouse Click off of Recents and Contacts.
This feature is essential, especially for team members that are located in another building, or state, or country! If you need to talk to that person, you can't keep checking periodically to see if they are available. Tag for Status Change allows you to go about your daily business, and then when they are online, or in the office, you can go talk to them, or call them. It saves a lot of time and effort!
tag for status change alert for collegue or the person with whom we would like to communicate is very essential. This feature is available in Skype but not in teams. It is desirous in Teams.