How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

It should be possible to change the Channel sharepoint file directory

Currently, if I create a new Channel, Teams will automatically create a sharepoint directory with the same name. However, if I change the name of the Channel, the directory name does not automatically change accordingly. If I want to change the directory name to match the new channel name, I am unable to do so. Even if I open the Channel file directory in Sharepoint and manually rename it, the channel connection does not update. In fact, this seems to completely break the connection (i.e. the channel no longer points to the same folder once it has been renamed in Sharepoint)

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Shane Sessions shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hoang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea.
    Whenever a channel be created on MS Team. On the Sharepoint should be specific or hidden the folder. What happen if someone deleted and rename the folder or delete them? so on Team will be impacted.

• Walter Rey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important feature/bug fix since users often misspell channel names and don’t realize before they add content to it or is published.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.