How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Explain the cause and reason for Teams being installed

Not sure what this is asking... "my area"? I work in R&D. I'm just writing to provide feedback that the Teams installer ran this morning when I restarted my PC and I really want to know what it is, what caused the installer to run, and what the point of it is... but none of that information is made available. Who caused it? Was it my own IT department, or something from Microsoft? If the former, it would be most appropriate to issue a message on the opening screen saying so. If it is from Microsoft's own initiative, then who gave you permission to run unwanted software on my system without even asking me first? I must say, the whole thing has been rather disconcerting. Teams may be a great new tool; maybe it has been selected for install by my IT department; but for it to just run all by itself with no explanation is not acceptable.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Keith Blackwell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anthony G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, maybe check with your work IT dept and emails, this is a public general Teams ideas forum.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.