How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

teams as chat app setting

Settings: Register teams as chat app is restored to be selected after a start of the application teams on my desktop, and, on not reproduceable occasions (at least my impression).
We do have jabber as phone app.
This permanent re-setting needs to be manually de-selected, office applications like outlook restarted and then I can use jabber to make a call.

8 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • David Rahn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This breaks TAPI for calling from outlook contacts via external phone system as well.

every time I uncheck this box , restart the pc and Teams has this option reselected and calls are attempted to be made with TEAMS again... ( oddly enough has nothing to do with IM !!!)

• JM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also disable the "Register teams as the chat app for Office" setting but it comes right back enabled after restarting TEAMS. It would be nice to administratively set this option for all users and have it stick. We also are using Jabber and would like to get users comfortable with TEAMS so we can someday eliminate Jabber. We can't start using TEAMS unless this setting can be left disabled and/or controlled by an administrator setting for all users.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.