Teams calling with on prem cisco CUCM
Around 45 million cisco iphone endpoints mostly via cisco on prem CUCM deployements.
Need Teams to integrate with on prem cisco CUCM so that we can use it as enterprise softphone with on prem PSTN cabability.
I am sure this would make teams adoption even more compelling within large enterprises like us.
Dan M commented
We have done this integration as well.
1. Teams users can dial CUCM users using extension
2. CUCM users can dial Teams users using extension
3. Calls in both directions ring both CUCM endpoints and Teams softphone
4. Inbound/outbound PSTN calls route though on prem CUCM for all users
We did this using Cisco CUBE as the SBC, which is technically not supported yet, but seems to work well.
If interested you can contact me at dan at netaryx dot com
Marcus Woodard commented
start here: you need a sbc - get audio codes...
tony how was that done
Chris Douglass commented
@Tony, like the rest of the comments, I'm also interested in hearing how you did this. Thanks!
Jeff Calvird commented
Tony very interested let me know how to reach you
@Tony, how can we get in contact with you?
Better yet, does anyone know how to get in contact with Tony?
@Tony +1 for an update on how you achieved this!
Tony, I would like to know how I can reach you regarding CUCM to Teams.
Geoff Duke commented
Tony, would love to connect with you was well. I'm not sure how to reach out to you. You can find my contact info by searching for my name at www.uvm.edu/directory. The level of integration you are describing would be *fantastic* for us.
David Johnson commented
Adding another one looking for your contact info Tony or a post with links on how you accomplished this.
Larry Roberson commented
Tony, attempting to contact regarding CUCM to Teams,,
David Lew commented
@Tony, not sure how to contact you. Can you post how you made it work here? Thanks.
I have done this already.
1) Inbound and outbound PSTN calls from Cisco Phones remain the same
2) Inbound PSTN calls will not only ring the end user’s Cisco Phone but also ring the end user’s Microsoft Teams client through Cisco SNR feature
3) Both Cisco and Microsoft users can call each other through internal short extension dialing. When that happens, both end user’s Cisco phone(s) and Microsoft teams client will ring at the same time.
4) Microsoft Teams client can make PSTN calls through the existing PSTN/SIP trunks on premises. The outbound calls will show the end user’s DID as calling number.
If you are interested, please contact me.
Connecting a SIP trunk from Teams to CUCM would be ideal. Users press the phone icon and the SIP calls route through CUCM. Come one MS! Make this happen!
Gerold Hornig commented
We have exactly the same challenge: Using MS Teams with its new capabilities mainly internally, but not able to connect to the outside PSTN world, which is still using Cisco CUCM. We would love to see integrating those two platforms bringing a single UI to the end users with great borderless experience (incl. Presence).
Steven Ricks commented
This is a feature we have been waiting for as well. Then we can get rid of Jabber.
Phil Greene commented
Wholeheartedly agree! It would be an absolute game changer.
Presence integration between Cisco and Microsoft would be very nice as well.