Integrate OneNote, Planner into Meeting Notes
- When having a Teams meeting based on a channel/Team, I want to use OnNote instead of "Meeting Notes"
- In OneNote, be able to add the Meeting Invite information
- In the note, it should separate who attended and who was invited but didnt not attend 3B. Make these actual attendees list editable
- Add tasks to the OneNote that you can assign users
- From those OneNote tasks, auto create Planner tasks.
- When the meeting concludes, you can go to the channel and see the OneNote/Meeting Minutes as a tab
- Should see the Planner Tasks from that meeting on a planner tab in the channel
- Auto post the recording of the meeting in the OneNote/Meeting Minutes
Tom Parker commented
Definitely point 5 is a must!
Especially 4 and 5.
As a background: We had to open up our team to some external people / contractors. Before, we used Confluence which allowed us to write down our meeting notes. As soon as we add a task (simply by creating a checkbox), we can assign this to members by adding "@member" to the same line and a due date by adding "//date" to the line. Assigned tasks will be exposed to the user's dashboard. Please make it as simple as that: In OneNote, just add what I described above, which will then automatically create tasks in Planner. No need to overcomplicate things in terms of usability!
MS is soooo close to being able to do this with the new Tasks app.
Please add the ability to insert/assign/detail tasks from OneNote so that we can create them as Action Items into meeting minutes.
Jonathan Schreven commented
I'm specifically voting for features 4 and 5 as listed above. It would be great to have a quick workflow that lets you turn a list of bullet points into individual Planner tasks that are assigned as designated in the meeting notes with '@'. This is something I got used to in Confluence. Would love to see it in Teams!
Very useful feature for large meetings ... so can we get this added to Teams sooner
An integrated agenda development feature similar to soapbox needs to function within planner/OneNote/Meeting Notes as well.
Minutes and Agendas are vital for effective meetings as well as actions/task creating. It would be great if all this worked in a more coordinated and accessible way.
I'm new to ms teams but meeting minutes are a key for me and the minutes ms teams offer are not enough. tracking tasks in and from a meeting is so essential.
can you integrate some sort of "task in a box" to your regular meeting?
Crlt+1 for a task, ideally using @ to assign to participants forwarding to Planner
Crlt+2 for a highlighted decission
additional preparing a agenda in advanced would be "the cream on top" as we say in germany.
The feature I would like the most in meeting notes, if onenote integration is not possible, is to be able to create the check boxes and use them during the meeting.
Chris Conley commented
Bonus points for adding the chat log to OneNote at the same time.
Even more bonus points for adding an MP4 of the recording.
Make both of these optional for Meeting Organizers to control, of course.
Adding to point 3, similar to current behavior with Skype for Business, it should checkmark the attendees as they join the call.