How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Limit Org Wide Teams to actual users with licenses

When we create an Org-Wide team it adds every "user" account in our entire Active Directory into the team. Thsi includes service accounts, exchange heal mailboxes, and all kinds of things that aren't actual people. There needs to be an option so that we can choose to only invite actual users. If it can point to an OU, we can specify our "employees" out to rule out all the non-users. If it's limited to AD Online, then it could only add people who have an actual Office 365 license attached to their account. Every time we create a service account, it gets added to the team and we have to go remove it which makes the General channel useless since it's full of spam.

16 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have exact the same problem. It does absolutely not make sense to add all users even those who don't have a Microsoft Teams license to an org-wide team. This feature is not usable for us how it was implemented by MS currently. We deleted org-wide Teams again.

• Matthew Frahm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having this same problem and am told org-wide is functioning as designed. The larger an organization, the more the need for exceptions to org-wide. I have tried manually removing accounts, but O365 puts them back in at a later date. I have opened a case (ticket 13951955) on this, but was told to leave feedback here in UserVoice.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.