How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Flag message for follow-up and automatically add them to to to-do

Currently each message has:
* save
* thumbsup
* Mark as unread
* Copy link
* Immersive Reader

options available in the upper-right corner. I'd suggest adding another.

Please could you add a "flag for follow-up" option. Clicking it should add it to a list of flagged messages that are exposed somewhere within Teams however the real value would come from giving us the option to have the message appear in Microsoft To-Do, thus the experience would be exactly the same as adding flagged messages from Outlook (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/using-microsoft-to-do-with-flagged-email-f90c37b0-4453-4756-a6d5-e2ef8d33b395). When someone marks the task in To-Do as complete then it would unflag the message in Teams (again, exactly the same as the Outlook experience).

32 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jamie Thomson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Liz.B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am constantly copying and pasting key points into To Do for later, as I have a LOT of messages coming through for project work and support tasks. Making this easier would be a huge benefit to Teams. As To Do is the first and last place I check every day due to it's increasing usefulness.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100%. It's a real weakness in TEAMS, in my opinion, not to be able to flag something for follow up. Marking it as a favorite doesn't remind you to do anything on a specific date.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this. I'd just like saved messages to get their own list in the To Do app, just like flagged emails and Planner tasks do today.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.