How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Groups Contact list

The ability to add AAD or AD synced Mail Enabled Security groups or Office 365 Groups in contacts. This functionality is available in S4B. It needs to be added to Teams so contacts are dynamically added in Teams contacts list under groups like departments.

14 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bryan Hughes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ERIC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use this ability heavily, please continue it through teams so i can manage groups in ad.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! We have many users in our organization who use that feature in S4B and are going to be reluctant to move over until it's available.

• Jeff Boswell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed.

If you are forcing a move to Teams from Skype, you should add the same functionality. The ability to add groups as contacts has been around since OCS or prior. How is this not a feature?

Is it feasible to add every single employee in your organization individually, of course not...

• Brian Pumphrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this, I loved the ability to add distribution groups as a contact in Skype For Business/Lync and allow them to Dynamically update.

Maybe they could extend this feature that automatically updates contact groups based off Distribution Lists/Security Groups/Office 365 Groups?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.