How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Disable auto-syncing of Availability status with Outlook calendar

Please also allow users to turn off auto-syncing of Availability status with their Outlook calendar and other sources.

465 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

96 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here are some problems I have noticed with the inability to configure how availability is determined in Teams. First, I have my calendar blocked at the end of the day to keep people from booking late meetings, however, I frequently am working and there is no way to override to show me as full green on Teams. Second, we have certain meeting rooms in our organization that can only be booked by certain people. When someone wants to use the room, the "owner" of the booking of the room books it for them and it then shows as a meeting on the booker's calendar. This would cause them to be shown in a meeting that is not a real meeting. Third, many meetings are scheduled for longer periods than actually occur. You should be able to disconnect the calendar from the availability status as is possible in Skype.

I often discover that someone who is tagged "In a meeting" is in fact back from it since a long time. Having a one hour-long meeting planned does not mean it lasts one full our...

• Doug Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree! I should be in control of my availability status, regardless of what Outlook is showing in my calendar. I don't mind it automatically adjusting the status at times, but I should be able to override that functionality.

• dpf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a feature to disable the automatic status setting, so that the user can set their availability status without it being automatically changed when the computer is locked or the user has a meeting on their calendar.

• Gary V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, the User needs to be able to control their own availability status at all times. e.g. I need to be able to set my status to appear as Available all day regardless of my calendar, idle time, screen lock, etc.

• Gary V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. An option need to be made available to the User to enable them to control their preference as to whether their availability status should sync to their Outlook calendar or not. Better still, would be to provide an additional option in the calendar where the User can explicitly state whether any individual meeting/call/appointment that is scheduled should modify status...

• Ravi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not want my status to change to away if I lock my computer or if it goes to screensaver mode! I should be able to control at all times what my status is.

We need to be able to control how long an idle period there is before chat turns to "away" like Skype.

I do not want my status to change to away if I lock my computer or if it goes to screensaver mode! I want be able to control at all times what my status is.

Please also allow users to control their status. as formerly allowed in Skype. And turn off auto sync too!!

• Francisco Z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a real impediment to using Teams effectively in a business environment, and Skype for Business already had a setting to disable this. I often have meetings in my calendar, thus my status is often set to Busy and I don't see my chat notifications. This renders Teams useless as a business instant messaging app. My colleagues end up having to email me or text me to get my attention. Please fix this!

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow for user over-ride of the availability settings in teams. I don't want it to automatically set my status.

• C Hask commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please create an option for subscribed organizational users to disable, as the wrong status is negatively impacting many users.

• SW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not want my status to change to away if I lock my computer or if it goes to screensaver mode! I should be able to control at all times what my status is.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.