Shared Mailbox and Teams Collaboration Space
It would be good to have a convergence of Outlook Shared Mailbox's and Microsoft Teams. At present, emails in Shared Mailbox's are very static with no ability to know if matters have been actioned. Furthermore, there is no ability to collaborate on email.
If we could link Shared Mailbox's to Teams, we could collaborate on email.
- Imagine a Service Team who has an existing Microsoft Team called "Service"
- This is great for chat, sharing files and all the goodness that Teams brings.
Problem:- However, they are likely to also have a Shared Mailbox called "Service@companyname.com"
- This presents the issue that the comms for that Shared Mailbox is in a completely separate location. There is no ability to collaborate on the emails, who has actioned, sharing of ideas on how to action a particular email, etc.
- The ability to add a Shared Mailbox to a Microsoft Team, and this could be a channel, or a special channel that is noted as an email enabled channel. Could be a different icon, etc.
- This would also include the Calendar, Tasks, etc.
- This would mean that the collaboration on the Shared Mailbox could not be in the Microsoft Team, and create a far better user experience.
- The challenge will be the merging of an Office 365 mailbox into Microsoft Teams.
- If this could happen, there would be many use cases for this. Some examples would be Customer Service, Support, Operations, Sales and more.
- The added benefits beyond this would then be the integration of this into Flow to create smart workflows for these business teams to help them be more efficient in the daily mgmt. of email communications.
- Group email management along with shared visibility would increase efficiency of worker environments.
- As the development of Microsoft MyAnalytics increases, there could easily be a scenario where the performance of Shared Mailbox's could be measured; time to respond, etc.
Thanks for taking the time to consider this idea.
Stefan Helfert commented
Good idea - we have the same need!
100% agree, and just voted
This is a functionality that we are looking for. I voted.