BUG: Umlauts in notification emails displayed in ASCII
we have noticed that for Teams notification emails German umlauts (ä, ö, ü ) are displayed incorrectly as ASCII-code in Outlook.
The sender is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's what we have tested and noticed:
- It does not render corretly in Outlook Desktop or OWA (Win or MacOS)
- It does not make a difference if we switch Outlooks UI from German to English
- No difference if changing the UI language in the Teams client
- No difference if changing keyboard language from German to English
- It does not render corretly on mobile apps as well (Android or Apple)
6 Sending umlauts in regular emails works just fine
Weanalyzed the auto-generated mail from "email@example.com and the umlauts were displayed in ascii even before they hit our clients. So there's a strong suspicion that the issue originates from the Microsoft side.
Can anyone confirm this issue?