BUG: Umlauts in notification emails displayed in ASCII
we have noticed that for Teams notification emails German umlauts (ä, ö, ü ) are displayed incorrectly as ASCII-code in Outlook.
The sender is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's what we have tested and noticed:
1. It does not render corretly in Outlook Desktop or OWA (Win or MacOS)
2. It does not make a difference if we switch Outlooks UI from German to English
3. No difference if changing the UI language in the Teams client
4. No difference if changing keyboard language from German to English
5. It does not render corretly on mobile apps as well (Android or Apple)
6 Sending umlauts in regular emails works just fine
Weanalyzed the auto-generated mail from "email@example.com and the umlauts were displayed in ascii even before they hit our clients. So there's a strong suspicion that the issue originates from the Microsoft side.
Can anyone confirm this issue?