How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Typing Indicator briefly persists after user sends a message and isn't typing

As of one of the Teams updates within the last two weeks, the "user is typing" indicator now persists for around 1-2 seconds after a user sends a message and does not type any further. This gives the false impression that they intend to follow up their message when in reality they are not.

Note that this is *not* the same as a bug submitted last year at this link: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/32709244-remove-the-user-is-typing-if-my-cursor-is-in-the

Based on the description in the above link, that issue no longer occurs. The issue I am describing is fairly recent and our entire team has noticed it.

8 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rhett Parrish shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MichaelF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is happening still. typing indicator continues again below their last message for about 2-3 seconds, after their last message even though they are not typing. very annoying. All our users are starting to complain. You see their last message, see they are still typing again. Wait.... wait.... typing indicator goes away... are they thinking? Backspacing? Is there more to come? Guess not. 5 to 10 seconds wasted every time until you finally realize this is just a bug and there is nothing more coming. You move on, sad and lonely that there was no more, hopes dashed that the next message might solve the mysteries of the universe. Like why Microsoft won't curate this feedback board anymore and provide status on these annoyances. Or even publish a new roadmap on what features and bugs we might expect to be fixed soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Experiencing this as well, I did a test with a co-worker to confirm that the indicator is displayed on my system after the user has sent message and is no longer typing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.