How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Better visibility for custom Status Message

The new status message feature is great, but it lacks visibility to other users. It would be much more useful to make it visible in the chat area user list, rather than having to hover over a user to find it in the drop down. It would also be great to have it anywhere you can see user presence.

14 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan Kellett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Jaret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree 100%. When we used Skype for Business I would post a random fact each day as my status message. Co-workers always told me they looked forward to seeing the fact each day! When we switched to Teams in October 2018, so many users told me they really missed my daily post. But now that I can set a daily status again, I've been showing users how to see it... and every one of them has been disappointed - each admitting that they won't remember to check my contact card in order to see it. :( PLEASE DO make the status visible again without any extra steps - like it was in Skype for Business!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.