How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

@mentions in group chat

Can you add an @all mention to notify all users in a Group Chat (not team).? Currently your forced to @mention each individual user.

17 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To build this idea out further. Currently we can mention @groupname, which reaches all people and @individualuser which reaches the individual users.

What i would like to be able to do is set up @mentiongroups. These would be custom group within the Teams Chat that is composed of individual users that are already in the Team Chat/Group.

An example of how this would work in the workplace. You have a cross function project team and you want to message just the sales team which could be 8 people of 32. Right now i would need to @mention the sales individuals and i don't want to use the @groupname as i don't want to bother all the non relevant people (creates a negative Teams experience). So what i want is the ability to create a custom group '@sales' which means i can now say "Hey @sales, what do you think of the new button on your merchandise ordering PowerApp?"

• Owen Tucker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if there was an @all or you could @ mention your custom group chat name if you've renamed it.

• Scott Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if this was made at an admin level so each group was shared via the whole company in much the way Slack does it.

Currently contact lists are user specific I believe.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.