How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow screen-sharing in Teams Web-App

Teams Web-App currently does not support screen-sharing or remote session feature like the Teams local application. Please develop this feature in the Teams web-app so that users can share and do remote sharing through a web-browser.

131 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cameron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Toby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does MS really want users to switch to other software? We are expecting all the fuctions of Skype in the Teams and even some new features. Not a step back!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having screensharing in the WEB UI is a dealbreaker in my opinion. This should be a top priority since the desktop app is not at all friendly in multi-user environments.

• Kim Häggblom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really vital, not all companies even allow employees to install apps/programs on their computer. So if you use teams as you have been using skype for business, communicating with users outside your organization its a mayor step back from skype for business !

• Greg Kowieski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good Lord! Why swap out Skype if you can't share screens!!!!! I'm having to go back to GotoMeeting to compensate because I already switched to Teams. :-(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a basic feature that really needs to be a priority. My organization is switching everyone from Skype to Teams in a couple of months and this will really be a pain point. Please fix ASAP.

• Daniel Korytar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is being used with Google Hangouts, WebEx, Skype for Business WebApp.

That MS Teams does not have this capability other than through the desktop app is ridiculous.

• Marcel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Features are only possible from Teams Client - Teams App (external). Edge does not support remote control what is not satisfied because of working together with a supporter in support case. To order a supporter onsite because remote control is not possible feels like a fallback in stone age.

• Deniz Bilgili commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of companies and people are still using Skype (for business) for online meetings. It puts Teams users in a difficult situation as Teams does not offer screen-sharing in web-app. When I send an online Teams invitation to people who don't yet have Teams, they will either have to install the desktop app or give up on the ability to share their screens with me, which is frustrating and damaging to a meeting. And in a professional setting, it is unrealistic and odd to ask people from outside of your company to install some desktop app to be able to share their screens.

Please focus on this issue and enable screen-sharing in Teams web-app.

• Goran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very annoying not being able to have an online meeting with a customer and let the customer share their screen.
    Many customers deny their users to install any apps. Therefore this is a showstopper for Teams.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.