How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Guest user in Shifts

Would like to add guest users in Shifts as they work alongside other team members.

72 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As many have said, Shifts is useless at the moment without being able to add guest users to it. Licensing all our frontline emoployee's would be pointless as they do not need anything in office 365, not to mention expensive.

Hopefully this gets added soon!

• Bradd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not practical for our organization to license all of our frontline employees just to get scheduling functionality. Without guest employees on Shifts, it is not a useful app in its current form.

Please add this feature.

• DGC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get this in; I've been trying to add Guest Team Members to a shift schedule for the past three days thinking it's obviously a feature. I mean, they can already participate in all other Team functions as guest users.

Imagine my disappointment.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will really be great for our Resort. We have Restaurant staff, Golf Staff and Marina Staff who do not need emails or access to files but would benefit from being on a centralized scheduler

As with the comments below - do not understand why this is not done already. This is one of the primary reasons for looking at Teams!

Need to be able to add Guests to shifts. Until than I'll be trying Deputy. Not sure why you have not enabled guests in shifts seems like a no brainer. K.I.S.S

Need this! We have seasonal employees that are identified as Guests in Teams. We need to be able to schedule these employees in Shifts.

• Jane Merritt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need to be able to add guest users - we have several employees that do not have/need an Office 365 license... currently using StaffHub and it works great for everyone!

Any update on this future? this stops majority of the business from rolling this out. Not everyone need a office365 license in hospitality for example but shifts schedule and communication tool like Teams is more then needed.

Our Soup Van volunteers, who need a Guest login, are beginning to use Teams for a lot of their day to day tasks and communication. It would be fantastic to enable the Shifts to these guests, as opposed to old style documents, which require more maintenance and management.
    Do you have any time line for this much needed enhancement.
    Steve Kennedy

Not being able to add external users to shifts is a deal breaker for Teams Shifts. Especially frustrating as it allows you to add the guest to a team, but then gives an error when you try to add them to a shift. Is this being considered as a feature?

• Chris Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add guest users to shifts! All of my part time staff do not have a company email account. Most of the staff are seasonal and it doesn't make sense to give 20 people company email addresses for just a few months. If this isn't added to shifts, I will need to use another solution.

• Fabio Del Carlo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE add guest users to shifts! I'm currently using staff hub until they shut down later this year and work with mostly part-time employees who don't have a company email account! I need to be able to add my guest account to shifts.

Definitely a feature we need! Project go-live coverage includes guests already collaborating with my Team. Was rather disappointing I could not create a live schedule with them included.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a really useful feature for us as we have a large number of volunteers who will need to access our system and are our front-line workers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base