How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

appear offline

I want to access Teams content while able to "appear offline"

This is a feature request regarding the presence capability versus other offline features that want to use Teams while disconnected.

This feature allows
People to do work at off hours without being interrupted.
People to look or retrieve content which has no concept of presence.

For those concerned about abuse of an appear offline feature and enabling presence liars, users can still lie and set any of the current presence states with the same intention.

I can be connected to the network and use Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint, etc. and do MY work without worrying about interruptions.

82 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Ritesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Please, Loved this in Skype as it means OOH I can work without interruption from others around the globe and even sometimes during the day when I need to concentrate its great to use.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a greater inconvenience by not having an "Appear Offline" status so that one can keep working undisturbed in "Offline" status. Absence of this feature in Corporate networks is a big let down

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would go a long way towards improving adoption of Teams internally by our Executives.

• Sue M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not in front of Teams at the moment and I don't know if this option has been administrator set. I'd like to see a customizable option added to the standard status area. Now we have Away, Appear Offline, Online or Available, Busy. Can we get one that allows for say, in meeting done in 10, or brb, or out sick? I don't care to be pigeonholed into 4-5 standard status states. Thanks.

• Ko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need an easy, fast way to silence incoming messages and appear offline, then come back online.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.