How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Prioritize my engagement using AI

This is in reference to Slack, but applies to Teams.

As a user, I love the visual notification that I have a message waiting in a channel or direct message. I'm moving at lightning pace, in large part because of Slack, but Slack is now slowing me down. I'd like to see a visual difference between direct message references in a channel and "channel" or "here" references in a channel.

Currently, there is a roundish bubble around a waiting message. Also, an unread message highlights the channel/direct message bold. Ideally, I want a third visual queue, like a star instead of a roundish bubble) for direct references in channels. The real reason, my coworkers like to do channel/here references, and I don't always need to know those ones, but I do need to pay closer attention to direct references from a channel. There's currently too much data, and this enhancement will help be filter a bit more.

PS. The most amazing thing in the world to make your product near-AI-useful is begin to measure my engagement level on a channel, person, or topic (ie. content) of messages, and then prioritize those among my unread messages. I'll respond to our management quicker, and you can determine that from my engagement with managers as a users (ie. you don't need a hierarchy).

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.