How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Admin Controlled contact group avaialbe to all Teams users

Administrator 's ability to create a domain wide or tenant wide groups of contacts for example per department that is available to all Teams users like a company directory. Same as in other corporate messaging wherein any changes in the contact will be synced to all clients.

90 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Allen H shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rebecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! We're trying to decide whether to use Teams or Slack at work and this is the first thing the pro-Slack people mention as Slack does it and it makes it so much more user friendly. I'm honestly surprised this wasn't part of Teams to begin with.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AGREE!! We often need to "FIND" someone (anyone) from a group - say Data Center Infrastructure or Network Infrastructure.. I have Contact groups built so I can easily see presence for all. NOT having the ability to share those contact groups with the rest of my team is crazy. Even if it means sending a .ini file or "importing" or whatever.. SOMETHING to share the contact groups needs to be possible.

• Michael Proctor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree, I would like as an admin to setup groups like "Accounts", "IT", "BDM's" etc, and then added contacts to those groups which is automatically shown to my users.

The user interface is not intuitive for my users, they go to chat and there is noone to chat to, they don't think to start searching for the persons name up the top, or to create a group and then click on 3 dots to then add a name and go searching. Not to mention 95% of my users couldn't be bothered doing it so just don't add any names.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Arve, I do not necessarily think it is the same. In things like Zoom - you can add contacts to a group e.g. IT. When users of the organization log in - they will see this group and the contacts in it without having to manually add contacts.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.