Shifts - Delete/Remove Schedule for Team
Allow the Deletion or Removal of a Schedule for a Team. Currently there is no option through the Desktop, Web or Mobile App.
Melissa Hoffman commented
This is ridiculous. The lack of some very basic functionality is notable and frustrating.
1 - There should be a context menu that
1) Allows you delete user
2) A warning that by deleting the user you will be deleting all future scheduled shifts for that user
2 - There should be an option to
1) Add a recurring shift and outline a recurrent pattern. For example, if a team member will work every T, Th from 8-4:30p, I don't want to have to type that end until the end of time.
2) Adding a shift should function like adding an event to your Outlook calendar with the options to make it recur, how often, days it should and if/when that schedule should end.
3) Permissions to allow a team member to-
1) Enter their own shifts. For example, we have an interns team. We tell them the hours available for them to be here but they have to keep track and notify our team a) when they will be here, b) log the hours they are in office. Currently they have to manually tell me and then I have to go enter them all.
2) It would be much more efficient if I could allow them to enter them themselves and then get the schedule approved (preferably with a Get This Approved type of a button/process).
Impossible to use due to this.
This has been ongoing and why isn't anything being done about it? I can't delete members from a group, because it says they have shifts which they don't! See screenshot - they have greyed out asterisks on the shifts which I can't delete either!
So how do i delete it now? Impossible?
Yes, please make this a functional option. A couple accidental keystrokes and the app can quickly become overrun with a bunch of obsolete screen junk.
Once I shared the schedule with team, I can't delete any schedules or groups or person even I deleted those shifts that were shared. I hope Microsoft Teams can fix this issue ASAP. I was just testing out the function, and now I can't delete anything on SHIFTS.
Tips: NEVER USE "SHARE WITH TEAMS" IF YOU HAVE UNCERTAINTY WITH THE SCHEDULE
i have the same problem, it says that I can't delete her because she has scheduled shifts even though I deleted them all
Derek Fraser commented
This is disgraceful, Microsoft needs to sort this out ASAP, I have a shift schedule that is littered with ex-employees that I can't delete. It's messy and unprofessional, would probably be better going back to Excel at this rate.
Hi! Any updates on this issue?
What's the latest on this? Like so many others I have deleted all the assigned shifts to a person but it won't let me delete them because it is stating ".........can't be deleted until you remove them"
Clearly it is a bug as I am setting up our first week and not included any other shifts on any other days and I am unable to delete
Nikhil Solanki commented
I have deleted all the shift assigned to a perticular group member, still can't delete him from that group,
Error message: " user has one or more assigned shifts in the currently selected schedule and can’t be removed until you delete them"
This is really annoying, when I've created shifts and copied them for months ahead, then realised I made a couple errors, I can't delete more than one shift at a time, and if I try to copy the correct new schedule to override the next few months, it creates double entries. You should at least be able to hold control and click on multiple entries and delete
My company has moved our schedule to a different team, but employees can still request time off in the old team, which is causing major problems. Please enable this feature!
We cant delete a bad SHIFT - and cant add a new shift - or it gives an error code. Making this function useless.
Is anyone getting any response to this issue??? Surely this can't be hard for MS to incorporate. Lot's of confusion on my team because I set it up wrong at first and now can't delete.
Daniel B commented
Need to delete as the migration from StaffHub has created a duplicate (empty) schedule that I would like to remove to save some confusion in the team.
Melissa Hoffman commented
Also have a schedule I created as a test and cannot find a way to remove - please help!
Tony Naval commented
I agree. I plan to use Shifts for Oncall schedule, vacation or time off, etc. I made a couple of mistakes and now can't remove them.
This is long overdue.