How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Notification of requests in Shifts should be more visible

When working in Shifts on in the desktop client, new requests are not very obvious. Only some requests can be seen as a pulsating entry in the Monthly view for example, but that requires you to have the month in question in view. You need to open the Requests view in Shifts to see the requests.

The obvious place for these notifications would be to have them visible in the Activity view in the client, where all other notifications are shown.

What would also be nice-to-have is to have a specific notification easily visible in Shifts itself, so that as a manager I can see that someone has requested something, and I can view and act on it.

Slightly surprising, the mobile client has better notification in this regard, where Shifts notifications are actually shown in the "Activity" view of the app.

72 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gustaf Sahlström shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Karl Haefner, custodial supervisor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur with this sentiment. I just set up Shifts as our platform to request days off, and the only notification I receive is on my phone. Nothing shows in either the desktop or on-line applications. This is an extremely important feature if we are to continue using Shifts.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seconding this. Getting these notifications in the feed would be really nice.

• FB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is big.

I just moved over to Shifts from StaffHub. The notifications aren't as visible in Shifts; especially the desktop client. The Activity in my Teams mobile app showed the requests, but the Activity in the desktop client has not. Additionally, even when I open Shifts, it doesn't give indication that there are unaddressed requests.

Feedback and Knowledge Base