How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Share live location

On 2019-01-09 location sharing was delivered https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/09/microsoft-teams-location-sharing-smart-camera-audio-messages/

However (apparently - I haven't tried it yet) this only allows someone to share their current location. i.e. Their location at the time that it is shared.
It doesn't support live location tracking whereby I can share my updated location for a set period of time. To me that it hugely more useful just sharing current location. On whatsapp I just 'share live location" almost every day, I never use "share current location".

I shall restate a scenario that I originally posted here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16926214-add-location-function

When I'm using the mobile app I want to share my location with my colleagues - would be invaluable for a mobile workforce. My iphone allows me to share my location with anyone I want and I use that to share my location with my family. I don't want to share my lcoation with my colleagues all the time though, so make it a feature of Microsoft Teams and allow me to specify which times of the day my location should be shared.

It might even be a way for a company to passively monitor the location and travel history of their workforce. Make it mandatory for members of a Team to share their location (or perhaps make it a condition of joining a Team). Of course, a company should only be able to monitor their employees' location during work hours, and this feature should reflect that.

I suspect there are loads of scenarios where this would be valuable. For example, a logistics company could know where all its delivery drivers are at any one time by plotting their locations in a Microsoft Teams tab.

11 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jamie Thomson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.