How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Speed Dial for Teams IP Phones

Currently the Teams IP Phones are not useable cause in order to dial a call you have to use the onscreen keyboard to search for a contact to see presence or to dial the call. Teams IP Phones need to be able to place certain contacts on a speed dial tab that will show certain contacts and their presence status on one screen. You should be able to glance at the speed dial tab to quickly see who in your team is online and dial them.

71 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tyrel Alastair Hunter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Damian Stalls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most frustrating thing on the phone. Really, phone requests should not be lumped with general Teams apps since it should be looked at as a different app. Completely different use points.

• AKArt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basic phone features like this need to be supported in the Teams app for phones pronto! We've really taken the desk sets back a couple notches by migrating to Teams, and that's a ****** story to have to tell our clients.

• David Havens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to the newer Teams IP phones, this feature should also be compatible for existing SfB phones. Using SfB, I was able to add/remove contacts to a speed dial tab on my Yealink IP phone by simply adding them to my "favorites" group in the SfB app. After going to Teams, the list is frozen on my phone and I have no way to add/remove or update. Please work on this ASAP.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Speed dial is currently very buggy - most annoying the automatic population when there are no contacts specifically in the "Speed Dial" group - I have to remove them every single time I start teams. Just another reason to not use this "ametur hour / I want to be Facebook" piece of junk. Bring back the functionally useful SfB please.

Yes pleas add a favorite feature so I don’t have to go through my entire address box to call a contact.

2 buttons should be the most I need to press to call my most frequent contacts!

• William Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also being forced from SfB to Teams, and this function is crucial for a small office like us. Please work on this ASAP.

• Chris Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. We are being forced from SfB to Teams and the Teams phone experience compared to the SfB one is shocking. On the same physical hardware. As a Microsoft Silver Partner - please can this be worked on MS! Thanks

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me to the list. I've been searching for this for months now. Must have to move to Teams.

I too just got a new Yealink Teams phone to replace a Polycom Skype phone and no contacts. I also must be able to choose the number that goes on speed dial, from mobile work and home where even the Windows client adds the home number to speed dial instead of the work number or even all the numbers. I cannot believe this is replacing skype phones in this state.

Just got the T-56A after our initial test of using the desktop client (works well) and discovered there are no speed dials. This will most likely kill our Teams voice implementation. Such a let down. It makes the phone completely unusable. Come on guys! How are you going to be able to compete?!

• Brian Horton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We will never be able to move to Teams firmware on our T-58s without this functionality. Never. The idea of replacing their Skype phone with their sorted and organized contact directories with a phone that essentially requires memorizing phone numbers? Nope.

• Richard Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be more than helpful. I can understand the mobile app being slightly behind the desktop, but need to keep the gap narrow. Mobile people cannot always open their computer. Searching contacts is fine for occasional use, but initiating internal calls on the run would be much faster if the speed dial section was mirrored on the mobile app.

Totally agree my IP phone shows my Skype favorites which as far as I can tell can no longer be changed if I've moved myself to Teams only access.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.