How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Have end users change participant settings (lobby settings) for Teams meetings

Just like with Skype for Business have a setting that allows our end users to change the participant settings for Teams Meetings as described here for Skype for Business: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-participant-settings-for-skype-for-business-meetings-9175e297-de5f-43b2-8e0f-85cc05e24986

458 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JoostK shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still get a response saying I do not have permission or my own meeting. Status update?

• Bob Lindenmuth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I click "Meeting Options" in Outlook for Mac, on a meeting that I created this morning, I get the error "You don’t have the permission to change the meeting settings.
    Please reach out to the meeting organizer for any changes."

In addition, since the Teams information isn't added to a Mac Outlook invite until after the invite is sent it means Mac users will need to send an update to all users in order to make this change rather than being able to change it upon booking the meeting.

• patrick reid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still does not impact audio conferencing. You must open the teams app to start the audio bridge. We are relying on skype for business until feature parity is available.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Meeting Options URL doesn't load in IE11, just Chrome and Edge.

Meeting options says: You don’t have the permission to change the meeting settings.
    Please reach out to the meeting organizer for any changes.

I had our admin team enable this feature and can confirm that it works. It would be great if the meeting options opened directly in the Teams app instead of opening a web browser. Any chance of that happening?

• Jon Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Putting my two cents in here. I opened a ticket with Office 365 support (14678478) to see why I couldn't turn off the "waiting room" or "queue" when calling in to a Teams conference phone line. I "turned it off" in the Teams admin portal but it didn't change anything. The Office 365 tech said that it didn't work because this feature is in development and let me know that I could let my voice be heard here in this forum. Please get this feature to work. thank you.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Bhasker Chittanoori -

Did you get it working? I tried that option out and it didn't seem to make a difference.

• Alfredo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still a problem. Lobby enabled enough when global policy has turned lobby off.

• Bill R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this feature is actually being worked on, could you have it added to the Teams roadmap?

• Tyana Berg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a setting in the admin center under Participants & Guests: 'Allow Dial-in users to bypass the lobby' - is it not working? I have a big meeting starting in a couple of hours and I'm hoping this setting will prevent me from having to allow all in!

I'd like to set guest user join MS Teams Meeting automatically but i have set "Automatically admit people "to everyone
    but still need someone admit then guest can join

We are getting lots of negative feedback from Staff - can you please give us an update on this. As admins we need to give answers to people - this is such a basic function - whats the ETA - next week? next month? next year?

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base