How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Stop Recording on Exit

We need an option/pop-up to stop recording on meeting exit. At the moment if someone who is recording a meeting exits the meeting, the recording continues forever. What's worse is that the person who started the recording is the only one who can stop it. I "get" that part of the reason why only one person owns the recording is because of the need to associate the recording with a particular Microsoft Steam account... so what I propose are two things:

1. On exit, if you are recording, you are given a prompt to also end recording or leave it running.

2. If you leave recording running, there should be an option to designate a different owner (would automatically add a co-owner to the Microsoft Stream recording and associate with their Stream channel instead). This should enable that person to stop the recording now (they would get a notice in Teams) and then #1 applies if they exit the meeting.

84 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

S P shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • S P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great feedback, Dave. I agree so #1 above would be adjusted to require you designate a new owner if you choose to exit. That would be perfect.

• Dave Chianese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the idea and for simplicity, when user count = <1, stop recording. The co-ownership should also not be an option, it should be mandatory to leave / part the meeting. This also makes it a value add for those of us who regularly multi-task and hop from call to call or forget to set DnD and are disturbed during a presentation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.