How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Possibility to pause a video recording

It would be great to have a possibility to pause and continue meeting recording.

41 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Donatas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ken M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for not having a pause button, I love finishing up a 20 minute video with a coughing fit only to spend another 20 minutes redoing it because I could not pause! Seriously! and this is supposed to be a business app?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Please. We need this feature. It was in Skype and made a lot of sense. Otherwise we are to decid between splicing back together or editing out, each of which adds time, complexity, and frustration to the process.

• Alena Le commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

User should have the ability to pause the recording anything during the meeting etc. just like how webex currently have this option. This should be available for all users as part of the standard build in case there is any issue with the presentation, system etc. at the time of recording, so we can pause the recording without wasting time recording unnecessary data or delay that results in large and long meeting files..

• Mark Dennison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! Skype, Skype for Business, WebEx, etc., literally EVERYTHING ELSE has that!

For meetings we record, we typically start the recording and pause it then un-pause when the meeting actually gets going. In part this is to defeat the inevitable delay between starting and actual recording. Pause/unpause is more instantaneous.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need a pause function when recording which has been an available basic function on WebEx, Skype and NetMeetings. Instead I have to stop the recording and then started the recording again. I ended up with two separate recordings. Not cool

• Mike Limon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pausing video recordings during a meeting absolutely needed. We use Teams for recording team training, or document process, not being able to pause the recording during a 20 minute update/install gap of silence makes the entire experience painful

• Chris Lehr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love going to stream, downloading, stitching and editing video. NO I DONT GIVE ME BACK A PAUSE BUTTON.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.