How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Lets make contacts great again!

Can we please have an awesome next-level contacts interface and management!? Pretty sure we were promised cool stuff in SfB that never came :(

While contacts management might seem like a pretty boring feature (because it is), its one of the most pivotal parts of the app. The whole point of the app is to communicate. So if you can't find or interact with contact information easily, it can be very frustrating!!!

The first thing that needs to be resolved is the fact that the "Calls" tab is the central location for contacts. That doesn't see right or make sense to me. Lets go back to the good old days of SfB and have a contacts tab. From here we can initial any kind of communication.

Probably even before doing that, we need to get the inconsistency between the A-Z search vs the contact list. We desperately need to be able to view all listed number types, in particular mobile from ANYWHERE. The interface often displays a mobile (or other) number as default for some reason, then when you click it it just does a Teams call - annoying and confusing for users.

Lets also make all displayed phone numbers click-to-call'able.

Can we also ensure that external contacts (and all contacts in general can have rich information added to them e.g. any number types, email, notes/actions. It would also be great to see a view of call history including voice mails.

Something that would also be very clever (for Outlook too), is if you surfaced phone numbers from peoples signatures. How many times do you have to search and search to find someones signature so you can get there phone number! That would be clever :)

A compact view of contacts would be good too. The card style contacts take up a lot of space currently.

Reverse number look up against all contacts is also a must.

Put search everywhere. The dial pad text area should also support in-line search not just phone numbers.

I'm sure others have some good ideas too.

Lets make contacts great again ;)

199 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew Morpeth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice to only have to input your phone number in the Call Me section once for recurring meetings.

• Jussi Palo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just look at SfB and do the same in Teams Contact - so ability to group people (INCLUDING external users), and add support for adding users by Distribution List.

• Charles Van Heusen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also like to see the option when in Outlook and receiving an email from a new Contact, when I right click and "Add to Favorites", it adds to both the Teams Contacts and Outlook contacts menus.

• Andrew Morpeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have heard a lot of people complaining that the ABC search doesn't work. Mine was working, but like you it's no longer :(

• Steve Whitcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it just me, or does adding a contact in Teams not put it in my outlook contacts? Shouldn't these be sharing the same address book?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One bug at least in my Teams App: The ABC contact search does not work. I have to scroll down the full list for each call.

Feedback and Knowledge Base