How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Meeting Host to be able to configure mute and lobby settings as desired

I know that many people has requested that participants can mute all other participants or accept people from the lobby in MS Teams virtual meetings.
However this is not something that everyone would like to have.
The host should be able to decide how he want´s to setup and configure his call. If it is a small round of 2 up to 5 participants it might be fine to let everyone else to mute but on meetings with more than 5 participants it´s a problem.

ASK: create a "Meeting Settings" menu where the host can define if others can mute, accept people in the lobby or even delegate that functionality to specific participants, e. g. assistante or co-worker.
Maybe it would be nice to have meeting templates, e.g. department team meetings, 1 to 1´s and big audience meetings.

Thank you!
Bernardo

23 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also like to be able to save settings as my default. This was available in Skype.

• Timmothy Frink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams is going to replace WebEx for my org. My team runs incident calls; we cannot have anyone else have the ability to mute us or kick us from the meeting. This is a necessary option.

• Vesa Nopanen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or perhaps a simpler Meeting settings
    - lobby in use or not (defaults should be set on admin portal, as well as if user can change this option at all)
    - mute audience on default (on or off)
    - never mute specific persons -option (when you have a large internal meeting then there is always somebody with mic on and if you mute everyone the presenter gets muted as well. )

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.