How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

No Chat Notifications When Meeting is Declined in Outlook

1. I get a Teams meeting invite in Outlook.
2. I decline the invite.
3. If someone in that meeting posts in Chat, then I get a notification from a meeting I declined! I have to go to Teams and leave the meeting.

Additional Info: My meeting invite is through a group list.

35 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

James E. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Received word that this is going to be worked on and resolved. Declining a meeting will automatically mute the chat.

• Chad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Logged a ticket with MS on this issue. Support rep was unsure if this was a feature or a bug and is going to follow up with product team.

I voted bug.

Was presented with two workarounds:

1) Accept the meeting; join the meeting; type something in chat; mute the chat; go back and decline the meeting

2) Wait for chat to show up for the meeting, then mute it.

• Roger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have actually seen private Microsoft chats because a Microsoft engineer used an internal repeating meeting and invited a couple of us during a support call a few weeks earlier

• Robert Y commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get this all the time and it's an incredibly poor experience. Plus, I ususally have to decline since I'm in another meeting and will suddenly be getting notifications from two meetings at the same time, which is not just distracting, but completely confusing.

• Patrick G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. Very poor user experience to continue to receive messages for meetings that are not on the calendar. I can understand continuing to get messages for "tentative" or "accepted" meetings that I was not simply able to attend, but our large meeting chat boxes are now filled with dozens of "X has left the meeting" because they never wanted to be there to begin with.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.