How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Unable to start meeting as organizer. Stuck in virtual lobby.

Unable to start meeting as organizer. Scheduled Teams meeting via Outlook as the organizer. Went to join meeting as the organizer, signed into the desktop/app version of Teams, and was held in the lobby - waiting for someone to start the session/let me in. Unfortunately, given I was the creator/organizer, no one could get in - as I was stuck in the same lobby.

Any ideas on what may be going on?

37 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sandy Ussia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all, I was having this issue also, and figured out the cause - at least in my case. Maybe this will help you. I noticed that if I looked at the URL behind the "Manage Options" link in a Teams meeting created from Outlook versus one created within Teams, the OrganizerID was different. So digging deeper, I realized that my Outlook client had another of my O365 accounts set as the "primary" account - that is, I use the Outlook client for multiple mailboxes, and the primary account is not the one I created the Teams meeting under. So Teams thought that primary account was the organizer (even though the UI showed the account I meant it to be, the OrganizerID was the other account). So using that other (primary Outlook) account, I could log into the meeting and let people in - or Manage Options and set it so Everyone can get in automatically.
    Hope this helps!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar problem, I organised via Outlook and it let me in but my client couldn't get in. Kept saying "waiting for someone to let you in" for the client but there is no functionality for me to let them in! We were transferred automatically over to Microsoft Teams from Skype for Business without choice. Biggest mistake!

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same. I'm a Microsoft partner and I can't host meetings with any of my customers. Absolutely unacceptable.

• Jorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto, we are having the same problem. If you schedule from Teams, works if you schedule form Outlook doesn't work. A big ask to the product group to solve this outlook integration issue.

Thanks!

• david blum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here stuck in lobby as organizer this is unacceptable especially since you’re pushing teams so hard !

I have the same issue here, every time I create a Teams meeting in Outlook it prevents me and everyone entering the meeting.

Same issue. Invite from Outlook to an external - they had to let ME in to my own meeting as it held me in the lobby.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Had to revert to a Skype for Business meeting instead. Really annoying. Meeting was created from Outlook desktop calendar which now only allows for Teams meetings to be created. From Outlook Web app you can select either Teams of SfB meeting which saved my day.

• Alex Carlock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just had this happen to a few users as well. I'm still collecting info about how they created the meting request and what it looks like in their calendar. This'll be a problem if it keeps happening.

• Sashikanth P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am facing this issue as well. Sent meeting invite on Outlook and it doesn't allow me (Organizer) to get into the meeting. It keeps saying waiting for someone to admit you into the meeting soon.....

That feels embarrassing to tell other invitees to please admit me (who is Organizing the meeting)

Please solve this ASAP

• Mohsin Abba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the same experience when creating the invite using Outlook, but not when creating the invite using Teams client.

The invite from Outlook had the 'Reset PIN' and 'Local numbers' links.

• Tom Aafloen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update:
    When I schedule a Teams meeting in the Teams client, I can join the meeting. But when I schedule a Teams meeting in Outlook, I get stuck in the lobby.
    The only difference I can see is that the meeting booked in Outlook does NOT have
    Toll free number and Conference ID in the meeting body (but both have the "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" link).

• Tom Aafloen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue right now. It says "You are the organizer.", but when I join it says "Hey Tom Aafloen, someone in the meeting should let you in soon."
    This time we used Skype instead, but how can I prevent this situation?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.