How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

calls come through when im on a call

When I'm already on a call if a new call comes in, Teams still rings as if I'm available. It should give a busy tone, go to voicemail or just ring-out - but do it silently in the background. Or with minimal interruption. If I'm on a call it will reduce the audio to allow Teams to ring!

90 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Slimefrog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Massive issue for us too, Its hard to hold a conversation when multiple further calls are ringing whilst you are trying to talk

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really missing this features since transitioning to Teams from SfB, It's not very professional to be on a call and then the ringing tone interrupts, I would say this is an essential feature.

• Steve Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should have been a standard feature. Very surprised this hasn't been addressed. It's by far the biggest complaint we've had in pushing out Teams telephony

Agreed. I've had numerous staff come to me asking if there is a way to mute incoming calls while they are on the phone with someone else.

• Silke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. Also If I am in a meeting. But I cannot set it to do not disturb, because I still want/need to get chat messages.

I thought if you were on a call your status becomes unavailable and the call should bypass you and either route to another caller or be sent to voicemail.
    this is not happening here. we hear the caller and become distracted.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.