How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Adaptive Cards + Webhooks

We NEED webhooks to support Adaptive Cards. MessageCards are not flexible enough!

119 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Daniel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

I was evaluating to migrate some webhooks to teams from slack. Spent few hours to create some adaptive cards but just found they were not supported by webhook, oh no!

• James Stracey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've developed good looking integration into Slack, and the lack of this standard feature continues to drive a poor adoption rate for teams...

• Sam Sandhu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Began creating an Adaptive Card, later realizing that it's not compatible with webhooks. This should have been implemented from the start.

• Chad Dykstra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just developed an adaptive card to use with an internal application and can't use it...please bring this to Webhooks!

• CRF200 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You say Bots are able to post Adaptive cards to Teams Channels but the Flow Connectors continue to fail.

I've been able to use and HTTP Action in Flow to post a legacy Actionable Message to a Teams Channel.

If Adaptive Cards is the future then this needs to be supported.

• Shay Scarberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integrating cards into another software, would enjoy being able to use adaptive cards.

Additionally I'd like to see adaptive cards support messaging to another channel or even team (If it does I have missed it along the way).

• nope nope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

even if you write out a bot to handle this, it relies on context of previous replies. there is, by design, no way to take an adaptive card and push it into a channel proactively. really?

• Martin Danielsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I either need full AdaptiveCards support, or tables in MessageCards... You can't create tables when connecting with the webhook! That's... a severe limitation.

• Maciek Misztal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being unable to send AdaptiveCards via the webhook connector is something that should have been there from the start

• Lb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been waiting for this.. literally for what seems like forever not entirely sure why this isnt implemented it should have been by now.

• Christina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, and the documentation isn't immediately obvious that Adaptive Cards don't already work with Webhooks, only Bots right now. We have a handful of small notification scripts that post to Teams that would benefit from the extended formatting Adaptive Cards provide, but we don't want/need a whole bot for it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.