How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Keep Tab in Memory when Switching to Chat / Other Tab - Prevent Loss of Edits, Files, Login credentials

Issue Summary:
Switching from a Tab to Chat / Teams / Other Tabs causes the Tab to close, causing you to have to reopen the Tab (actually having to navigate to it again inside the team). This will reload the tap and all content before the Switching will be lost.

Issues:
1. Tabs open in Team gets reset - when switching between Teams in Team View
2. Tabs reload - when switching between Chat and Team View
3. Content (edits, files etc) on Tab gets lost (Happens both for to Issue 1 and 2)
4. It makes you re-sign-in to Planner, Jira or whatever third-party tab you were using

Enhancements requested:
1. Tabs should stay open in the related Team - having to navigate and reopen a tab every time is very bad for workflow (Relates to Issue 1)
2. Tabs should be kept in memory - Reloading the tab every time is Very slow (Relates to Issue 1 and 2)

For us the main issue is that we lose edits, files, data etc when we navigate away from a tab to a chats or a different tab as the original tab reloads. We really can not be loosing data.

I see many of other issues on here that are related? I will list them here and ask that they get merged.

I will also comment on all the other issues and ask that people come here to vote and list more issues so that I can keep this issue updated with requests.

336 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David Van De Meer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

89 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      ← Previous 1 3 4 5