Migrate Skype for Business Meetings to Teams
When we migrated from Lync to Skype for Business there was an easy to use tool to convert your Lync meetings to Skype for Business meetings.
When moving to Teams it would be extremely useful to have a tool to do the same thing for Skype for Business meetings.
Teams has a lot of new features. But Microsoft has made the classic mistake of software engineers dictating the changes and then forcing users to switch. Skype for Business was much more limited than teams, but certain features were much, much, much easier in Skype than they are in Teams. This may be especially true for organizations with relatively speaking small numbers of users (we have around 15)
1. Skype for Business showed me all my users. I find it difficult in Teams and I have to go through efforts to find and set-up users.
2. With the list of users, its showed me their status and time away if away. In Teams I have to hover over each individual users to find time away.
3. When in a call in Skype for Business, when switching to a different window, I had a window with just the user(s) on top. Now I get nothing.
4. Often when I call someone, the ringer doesn't ring at their end; even though it is set to be on. They don't notice that I call. Same issue when IM'ing a user. They might not see it.
5. With a headset, in Skype you could have it ring on the headset AND the computer. NO such options to have it ruing in two places in Teams.
Little things, but very frustrating and unnecessary and causes lost productivity! But MSFT frequently does this.
I agree, I book a lot of meeting per week that run for 12 months at time. Cancelling all these meetings and creating a new teams meeting, is not helpful, and if Microsoft wish a wider adoption of MS Teams a conversion tool would be a huge benefit to achieving this.
Nikkia T. Carter commented
I would also add that we need a way to move the contacts in S4B to Teams please