How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Channel templates

It would be nice to have a template for the Files section in Channels. Define your directory structure once, then apply it to every new Channel created in a Team.

48 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Roel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • sonny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to create new channels from a template channel. Right now we have to manually create the same folders everytime we create a new channel.

• Rosendo Nino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having an option to create channel from a template is a must have, we have that problem today. Having to create channels and re-add all the same tabs over and over is counter productive.

• Mike Molka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same scenario and almost the same need as Mark Koenig's client. I would like the functionally of creating new channels with the same structure within a team. I would also like the functionally of archiving a channel so that only current channels are visible, thus reducing clutter.

• Mark Koenig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a channel template would be a fantastic addition. To illustrate, I have a client who uses Teams to manage their construction jobs. The team is "Construction," each channel is a job. Jobs have the same basic criteria: To-do's, checklists, spreadsheets, etc. It is relatively time-consuming to recreate a channel manually whereas a repeatable template would increase efficiency and reduce oversights.

• Michael Rodgers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something that we would love. I am try to redefine our business processes using teams at the moment and have created a template however I do not want it to be a Team. A Channel would fit us much better.

Also I would prefer to to not be a default on every new channel in a team as requested above. Having the template as optional would be much better. That way I could have more than one template per team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.