How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

No Audio Devices Showing

Hello,

The issue I am having with Microsoft Teams is that suddenly all my audio devices are not showing up in the program. Teams does not detect any audio devices at all, neither my digital mixing console nor the computer's own built-in HD Audio jacks. See screenshot.

The Windows audio control panel detects all connected audio devices as normal, as do all other programs on the PC. The issue is with Teams only.

Version number, according to About menu is "1.1.00.25457 (64-bit). It was last updated on 10/2/18."

I hope this issue gets fixed soon, as Teams is completely unusable right now.

Thank you.

18 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeremy McElroy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Don Kaffenberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar problem.
    Sound is recognized by Teams, while there is no problem in other Microsoft applications (Skype and Skype Business)
    Teams update

• matthieu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem.
    Neither video nor sound is recognized by Teams, while there is no problem in other Microsoft applications (Skype and Skype Business)
    Teams updated

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After last night's update (1.2.00.1758) this is no longer occurring for me - finally!

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone been able to solve their issue? I have tried everything. I have uninstalled, re-installed Teams. I have removed Skype in case it was conflicting. I have tried a different webcam and still have the same problem. I too am on Windows 7 Teams Version 1.1.00.31860 (64-bit). It was last updated on 12/11/18. I am using Logitech C170 and tried my C615 which works fine at the office.

Tried to contact Microsoft Tech support, and they would not provide support. So I am at a loss.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here for last few weeks. Used to work fine - same headset, same speakers - then one day it stopped. Seeing same as in OP's screenshot where it just shows "Custom Setup". Tried uninstall/reinstall of Teams.

Current Teams version: You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.1.00.31860 (64-bit). It was last updated on 12/24/18.
    I'm on Windows 7 with a Plantronics USB headset.

Wouldn't it be great if one could actually get support on this product. I click on contact support it tells me to contact my administrator. Typical Microsoft garbage with absolutely zero support, or at least making support so difficult to find that you just give up trying.

I am having the exact same issue today, I cannot make any selections for devices, no speake, no mic, no camera. I have un-installed, re-installed, rebooted numerous times. Every other application sees my USB devices, but Teams sees nothing. I have ensured Skype is not running in the background and turned off any application that my be using my camera. This was working fine yesterday, I have made no changes to the machine or configuration. Just all of a sudden and very frustrating.

• Teams User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same problem today December 10, 2018. Have tried system restart and Teams reinstall. Nothing works.

• Tuong Huynh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today i was being forced to upgrade from Skype bussiness to Microsoft Teams and see this Error. Make it usable before you force people to use your things.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.