How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Blynclight for Microsoft Teams

Expose user presence in Microsoft Teams through an API so that the Embrava Blynclight can subscribe to the current users status and display this status on the Blynclight.

www.embrava.com

735 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Embrava Pty Ltd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

179 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris Owens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are specific instructions for installing via Teams. I made a batch file with these installation parameters and then ran it as an admin with command prompt. If it works, your interface should look like the attached image. I believe that is what is meant by TeamsOnly mode on the website.

msiexec /i EmbravaConnect.msi /qn Connections=TEAMS ConnectionsSelected=TEAMS SilentConnectionSettings=Yes StartApp=Yes

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are currently using SfB API to publish presence. We have a provider that offers a webservice giving us mobile phone presence/status. This presence we publish as 'Busy - Mobile' on linked PSTN users in SfB.
    This gives the user the possibility to see if the user they are trying to communicate with is busy on the cell phone before interacting/calling - and assists the operator to tell if the user is busy before transfer of an incoming call (Enterprise voice).
    The API for publishing presence from an agent to multiple users are not available in Teams, thus preventing us from moving full cloud, and use teams to replace current SfB with enterprise voice.

Please add option allow a service to publish presence on behalf of users. The current application uses UCMA. It simply gets status from provider with mobile number and status. This number is used to lookup the user in AD, and then publish the presence using UCMA to the found user.
    It is currently publishing weather the user is online or not, so it is publishing both user and device status.

If you wish, I can send you any info - including source.

Thanks

Jan

We use Blynclight alongside other presence products like Kuando Busylight. We need the API to expose user presence in real-time - And would be useful for a status board on the wall to see who is at their desk or on the phones.

• Ryan P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 The ability to subscribe to presence would allow us to reduce or eliminate our dependance on Cisco Jabber.

• Maggie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My whole org invested in Blynclight Mini last year and now it's useless... please help bring it back! With the move to open space, we count on it to manage quite/phone interruptions. Thanks!

• Eric Richards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, this really should be cobbled on somehow. Graph API doesn't seem to have any great way to do real-time subscriptions like you used to be able to do with UCMA or UCWA, but if it was possible to get a user's presence state on-demand as another field on the /user resource, that would go a long way.

• Casper Niebe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having successfully implemented/integrated our B2B virtual PBX through cloud-based virtual SBC from Audiocodes to provide businesses with a fully cloud based telephony solution with integration from mobile phones, SIP-phones etc. this feature is one of the major obstacles we face. We have no way to prevent calls from being made to a user's mobile phone while he's on a call through his Teams client without presence-information. Neither can we prevent a call to a user's Teams client when busy on mobile device. Needless to say, this feature is absolute paramount in a lot of the advanced voice services we offer and I'm absolutely stunned that this wasn't introduced when voice-enabling Teams.

If you want users to move to Teams from old school land lines or even Skype for Business, do speed up the process of providing API access to users' presence status. I can't imagine this should be rocket science.

• James Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for Presence API. We rely on kuando BusyLights and can't consider a Teams move from Skype for Business without Presence support.

• Gana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A complete suite of Presence related API would be helpful to build more client oriented applications and track our Organization users. Request you to please include this at the earliest.

We will have several hundred thousand users on Teams in the near future and would like to see this API support products such as the kuando Busylight and Embrava Blynclight.

• Chris Crawford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for the core requirement. If I could pile on: The ability to see if camera and mic are live is also important for the best possible status-light capability. These were observable in the S4B client API, and it really helped my implementation of a client-status-indicator. (E.g. Yellow was in call and muted with Red as in call with either microphone or camera live.)

+ several hundred on this! We had invested in these while using S4B (and other platforms). I would assume MS very much wants to deliver this and I'm shocked it's not already there!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.