How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Meeting Policy - presenter permissions

In Skype, you were able to set your meeting options for any particular meeting. You don't have this option in Teams and everyone from your organization is made a presenter by default, so anyone can mute or remove anyone including the meeting organizer from the meeting. At the very least, we should be able to set an option in the Meeting Policies to not allow entire organization to be presenters, but it would be better if the meeting organizer could decide who if anyone, can have those permissions.

143 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Damon Betlow shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Martin1962 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A definite show stopper for our organisation. Why isn't there a Meeting Options section as in SfB meetings? This allowed you to set up meeting parameters (such as mute all) BEFORE starting the meeting. Not being able to assign presenter/attendees is a real omission. In large meetings it is key for presenters to be able to control what is going on.

• R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used this function a lot in Skype. Would like to have this function available with Teams.

• Will M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems to me that it is absurd that you wouldn't be able to prevent a "guest" from taking control of the presentation and potentially removing the organizer or other participants. I just don't understand.....

Please do something about this as it almost makes the product useless if we can't prevent a guest from taking over the entire conference at any moment in time....

Thanks.

• Lil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams will be more widely used if specific roles for participants and hosts could be defined.

• Kai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really don't understand why Microsoft move Skype in Teams, but take away some must have features. What's going on?!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was advised my MS that this is by design, whats ridiculous. No one will use teams for large meetings unless this is addressed.

• Diana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Meeting options upon creation of meeting in Teams is a must have for Meeting Organizers.

• Brian Conley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this …..this is sort of a show stopper for our larger meeting and could result in it being unusable for many situations.

• Cassandra Crawford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS IS A MUST HAVE! We have enough problems with echoing and people muting the entire audience in Skype, we need this to convert American Cancer Society to Teams!!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.