How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Duplicate/Clone a channel within a team

I run regular events which I create a channel for each event within the team, including the planning app with buckets and actions.

It is very time consuming to set up the channel/planner each time and would be preferable to set up a template which I can duplicate for each new event, including the planner app.

38 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Craig Andrews shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Terry Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a glaring omission! We need to provide a consistent framework of tabs/wikis across a growing number of teams but there is no way of achieving this.

• Carlos Tenorio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. It should be a way to go around this need. We have 28 departments and majority of the departments have similar projects every month on specific areas and we have a structure that we want to maintain across them. But, it's time consuming to setup a channels for each department. We have a template and we want them to use it. This is 2019!! This is a need!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for another user that very much needs the ability to clone channels to retain our tabs from project to project.

Agreed about this. The first thing I wanted to do with Teams was create a Template so I can ensure we have a standard approach and find I can't.

• Alex Weldum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same boat as this small lot. I can't believe there isn't more buzz around this need. I am running my project teams through teams and we have a structure that we want to maintain across them. This is a need!

We use channels to manage our customers/projects - and would love to clone the channels. +1 for this, would be incredibly helpful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.