How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow Teams Meeting Host to Toggle Meeting Entry Exit Tones Conference Bridge Settings

As an O365 global admin there is no way to let my Teams users toggle these audio conferencing meeting preferences themselves.

There is only a global setting in the Teams/Skype admin portal that lets me turn on/off these audio conference bridge settings for the entire tenant. My users need to be able to modify these settings like they could in Skype for business.

If I was hosting a large Teams meeting and running a webinar you can see how disruptive entrance and exit tones would be as participants come and go. The problem is that I can't just disable them for a specific users as this bridge setting is on or off for all users.

To me this seems like a huge oversight and not feature parity with what Skype for Business audio conferencing offered.

153 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andy Meinert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can see how people may like the alert tones for some meetings but we very commonly have people come in for the short period of time they can and then they leave and those tones can be very disruptive and distracting to conversation. In those cases, I want to be able to turn that off.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this suggestion. I have many users who would like to have join tones and many who wouldn't. Because we have lots of large meetings we had to go with no tone for everyone, but it would be great if users could set this themselves for meetings they are the OWNER of.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted for this thank you. I will say, if possible, that a user making this change should receive a notice or reminder that this is changing the current security setting and that this, although able, is not recommended as a default setting. Thanks again.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.