How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Users added to team line removed

In each general channel a new line gets created for all new users added to a team. Can this line be removed?
As an example I setup a team and get some posts ready for welcome messages and introductions, then when I add groups of people, after a few lines all my messages have pushed up and off the screen.
We have one specific team for all in the business and all the threads are getting lost as we add each department/individuals one by one.

248 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Peter Charrington shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Uğurtan Ürer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'm new to Teams. Create an org wide channel and edit member list at begin. Teams is show to all removing users in chat panel and each member joining Teams see this info, this is bad for starting :(

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drives me crazy....it makes it almost unusable. Nobody cares who has and hasn't been added, they want to see the posts. You shouldn't have to sift through rubbish to see them! Why not just allow the admins to switch these off as an option?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is causing lots of confusion as users who have left the company are shown as leaving on the channel. IT Performs this removal immediately and sometimes before HR have released this information to the rest of the business, staff then see in advance of the message that the user has been removed. The other issue is sometimes a disabled account is re-enabled by IT, if it is part of a public or dynamic group, the user message appears as being re-added and people think the person has returned to the business.

• Mr Nigel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There just needs to be a checkbox in the Teams Setting page "Show administration messages in General channel conversations?" Yes/No

• Konrad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if I switch of the notification some clutter messages remain. This is very annoying. Please add an option not to show any notification. This will improve the clearness and user acceptance of MS Teams significantly.

• Mahesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We currently are making use of Veritas Saas backup to backup our Teams groups and each time a backup is performed, Saas backup adds the "backup" user to every single team. This is necessary for the backup to happen, but its also a security concern raised by the business because the backup user now has access to confidential info. So yes, there should be an option to mask users joining or leaving teams channels.

• L. Ruiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is problematic for our organization, as it adds unnecessary clutter to channels.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have the same issue as MichaelF and Max, it's a serious HR issue for the entire team to see everyone that gets removed from the team as those staff were let go/are about to be let go.

Anonymous' suggestion of allowing a user to choose (opt in/out of those notifications) would NOT work as a resolution for this request.

• Kathrine Skoglund Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dette er jeg helt enig i at disse linjene bør kunne fjernes! Samtalene/info som blir lagt inn etterhvert drukner i disse linjene med medlemmer som legges til.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially on Org-Wide teams. The conversations tab is useless since it's spammed with all the new users. These items should be hidden by default and have a checkbox or something that I can check to view the administrative notes if I wanted to.

I could even see having the Owners of a team see them items but not the members but I'd prefer to just not see them at all.

• Darren Olson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be an option at the team level. Makes the General tab a mess and moves important information off the screen

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have the same issue as MichaelF, it's a serious HR issue for the entire company to see everyone that gets removed from the company chat as those staff were let go/are about to be let go.

Anonymous' suggestion of allowing a user to choose (opt in/out of those notifications) would NOT work as a resolution for this request.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow each user to configure personal general settings to remove these lines - but allow user to individually activate this on by-team basis.

• MichaelF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to be fixed ASAP. Our all company channel is flooded with adds and removes and often people find out about a departure before it is announced because we suspended their account. Major HR issue here. We may have to suspend the use of all company channels until this is resolved. It is also very poor experience for any public channel that has a lot of people joining. New users get treated to a long list of scrolling added members instead of welcome message or other recent posts.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.