How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Be able to choose different device for ringing

When I don't have my headset on I cannot hear when somebody calls.
Should have an option to ring on a different device e.g. Skype 7.41.x. See attached.

89 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marcel Haldemann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Microsoft It's too early to move from Skype for Business to Teams if u don't implement such basic Features... one of many ...

• Patrice D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the secondary ringing function. Many of our users do not wear their headphones all day and need to hear the ringing tone in the speakers on the computer, whether the session is locked or not. We already use this feature on Skype and it is an important blocker for us in our decision to adopt Teams telephony.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Transitioning to any new technology always has it's critics but this functionality would reduce a huge amount of negative user feedback we are getting when rolling out teams across our organisation globally

• Daniel V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've already missed several calls. This feature is really crucial for having Teams as a complete Telephone replacement at the desk; which must be the goal indeed.

• Giorgio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use my cell phone as a ringer! Otherwise, if I don’t wear headphones, I miss calls!

• Thomas Heinzmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a ringing device setting like in Skype for Business (Windows). By the way: Please add it also for Skype for Business for Mac

• Marcel Jenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

Please implement it the same way as in Skype for Business:
    - Secondary Ringer
    - Disable Mute when a call arrives

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft is the only software development company in teh world that makes a telephony application that does not allow the software to ring your speakers. Seriously, I challenge you to find any other telephony app in the world that only allows you to choose a single device and Not ALSO allow you to ring a speaker so you know you have a call!

How in the world are you supposed to know a call is coming in if you have teams set to use a headset and are NOT looking directly at your computer?

This is just stupidity!! There is no excuse and trust me, If I was in charge of the software development cycle, someone would have lost their job over this!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base