How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Be able to choose different device for ringing

When I don't have my headset on I cannot hear when somebody calls.
Should have an option to ring on a different device e.g. Skype 7.41.x. See attached.

43 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Transitioning to any new technology always has it's critics but this functionality would reduce a huge amount of negative user feedback we are getting when rolling out teams across our organisation globally

• Daniel V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've already missed several calls. This feature is really crucial for having Teams as a complete Telephone replacement at the desk; which must be the goal indeed.

• Giorgio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use my cell phone as a ringer! Otherwise, if I don’t wear headphones, I miss calls!

• Thomas Heinzmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a ringing device setting like in Skype for Business (Windows). By the way: Please add it also for Skype for Business for Mac

• Marcel Jenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

Please implement it the same way as in Skype for Business:
        - Secondary Ringer
        - Disable Mute when a call arrives

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft is the only software development company in teh world that makes a telephony application that does not allow the software to ring your speakers. Seriously, I challenge you to find any other telephony app in the world that only allows you to choose a single device and Not ALSO allow you to ring a speaker so you know you have a call!

How in the world are you supposed to know a call is coming in if you have teams set to use a headset and are NOT looking directly at your computer?

This is just stupidity!! There is no excuse and trust me, If I was in charge of the software development cycle, someone would have lost their job over this!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base